What to Look For in a Therapy Clinic
When looking for a Therapy Clinic and practitioner, you might want to
DO YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST!
The phone book is a good place to start. Also, if you know someone who has had Physical Therapy, talk to them and find out some information. Call the department and ask to speak to the Director or Chief P.T.
Then ask these questions:
- Do you have a Therapist on staff who is an EXPERT in Muscle Energy and Strain Counter Strain Techniques?
- Do you have anyone who is a NATIONALLY KNOWN INSTRUCTOR of these rare and highly effective techniques?
- Do you have anyone who has INTERNATIONAL TEACHING EXPERIENCE?
- Will my Therapist spend an hour with me without treating any other patients or will I be handed off to someone less qualified or non-licensed for my treatment sessions?
- Will I have the same Therapist each time I come for treatment?
- Will my Therapist waste my time with hot packs or ultrasound?
- Will my Therapist try to cover my pain up with electric stimulation instead of finding the real cause and correcting it?
- Do you ever let any non-licensed helpers work with patients?
The overwhelming odds are that the director or Chief of Therapy will be stopped dead in their tracks by these questions. They may even think it is a prank call. But trust me, there is nothing bogus about expecting the best possible treatment and a complete cure of your problem.
Now call ALTERNATIVE HEALTHCARE SOLUTIONS and ask those questions.
You will like the answers you get. You will like them a lot!